- How to I get back to My Training?
- Where can I get user instructions for using Training Department?
- Are NTC Training Courses CEU approved?
- I am already signed up for training. How do I log in?
- How can I sign up for a free sample of your online training?
- During a training presentation the program freezes or drops out. What causes this?
- Where can I get the answers to the Red Book questions?
- Where can I get training for OSHA requirements?
- Are the classes approved for NICET CPD points?
- What books are required for the online training in Training Department?
- How can I make the training screen larger or smaller?
- How do I see my training results?
- How do I get a certificate?
- Where can I buy books to go with the training?
- I get a message about "Cookies". What should I do?
- I have participated in the training and I have questions. Who can I contact to get answers?
- I keep getting an error message. What should I do?
- I want to sign up for Training Department. How do I accomplish this?
- Training Department on Mobile Devices
- What books do i need for Training Department?
- What time do live classes start?
1. How to I get back to My Training?
In the upper right corner of every page, you will notice 3 options. If you are already logged in and you have left training to view another part of the website, you will see My Training, Logout, View Cart.
To return to your training simply click on My Training
2. Where can I get user instructions for using Training Department?
Click the link below to access user instructions for Training Department Unlimited.
Please contact National Training Center is you are a Group Manager and need Administrative User Instructions.
3. Are NTC Training Courses CEU approved?
CEU approval may vary depending on certification requirements and where you may be located. There are many types of CEUs and our courses have approval for many, but not necessarily all types of CEUs. Our courses have CEU approval from such organizations as BICSI, NSCA, ESA, NICET and others. Some state have specific requirements, while other states accept online classes.
If you want to know what NTC courses are CEU approved for your state please contact us at (702) 648-8899 or email us at CustService@NationalTrainingCenter.net
4. I am already signed up for training. How do I log in?
Click on the Log In tab located at the upper right corner of any page on the website. Then enter your login and your password.
If you purchased Training Department from one of our distributors, you should have received a temporary login. If you have not received this login, please contact your distributor.
5. How can I sign up for a free sample of your online training?
The process is easy. Our online training is called Training Department. So click on the Training Department tab toward the top of our website. Then click on Free Sample / Purchase. Put a check in the Free Sample box and click continue. Enter your name on the attendee line and click Proceed to Checkout. Follow the on screen directions. Or simply click the link below.
6. During a training presentation the program freezes or drops out. What causes this?
Training Department uses Adobe Flash. Flash requires a fair amount of bandwidth and a constant connection to stream the content. To improve your training experience, see the steps below:
- Make sure you have current versions of Flash and Internet ExplorerInternet Explorer -
- Use a hardwired connection to your router or switchLocal wireless (wi-fi) and wireless broadband connections do not always provide the consistent bandwidth required by Adobe Flash
- Shared internet connections may reduce your available bandwidth. If you are sharing an internet connection with others in a home or office, the speed of your connection will be dependent upon the others using the internet at the same time. If they are using a bandwidth intensive application or downloading a large file, it may interfere with your connection. Consult your Network Manager or IT professional about ways to give priority to your connection (QOS) or talk to your ISP about faster download speeds.
- Try a different browser, like Google Chrome
- Clear your browsing cache (delete browsing history)
- Completely clear computer's memory (shut down, unplug power cord, remove battery if laptop, wait 15 seconds, then power back up)
7. Where can I get the answers to the Red Book questions?
The NTC Red Book has more than 500 sample questions for those preparing to take the NICET certification exam. We have the answers to these questions on our website in the STORE. Just click on the NTC Red Book. You will see them as a clickable download. You may also just follow this link.
8. Where can I get training for OSHA requirements?
Although we do not offer OSHA training there are many places where you can receive it. One such place offers FREE OSHA training. www.oshatrain.org
9. Are the classes approved for NICET CPD points?
10. What books are required for the online training in Training Department?
No books are required to take this training. Books can be useful as reference material to supplement the training in the courses. We would recommend the following books for the training:
Books Training Courses
NTC Red Book NICET Training
NTC Orange Book NICET Training
Fire Alarm Design
NTC Brown Book NICET Training
Fire Alarm Design
NTC Blue Book Security Systems
NTC Yellow Book NICET CCTV
IP Networking for Video Systems
NTC Purple Book Access Control Systems
NTC Greeen Book Residential AV Systems
NTC Grey Book NICET Fire Sprinkler Design
11. How can I make the training screen larger or smaller?
The Training screen has the capability of being viewed in Maximized view or Minimized view. The maximized view provides a larger view screen.
If you are in the Minimized view, you will notice an outline on the left side of the screen. To get to Maximized view, click on the button underneath the screen to the right (it has squares in it). As you move the cursor over the icon it will say Maximize view.
If you are in the Maximized view, there is no outline on the left. In the upper right you will notice the Icon for minimized view.
12. How do I see my training results?
13. How do I get a certificate?
14. Where can I buy books to go with the training?
15. I get a message about "Cookies". What should I do?
Cookies needs to be enabled to effectively access the training. Please follow these steps:
If you are using Internet Explorer:
1. Go to Tools>Internet Options>Privacy
2. Click Advanced
3. Select Accept First Party and/or Third Party cookies
If you continue to have problems, it may be a browser issue (you may have an unusual configuration). We recommend downloading the latest version of Netscape from
Attemp to access the training again using the standard configuration. If you continue to have problems, please contact our support team at email@example.com
16. I have participated in the training and I have questions. Who can I contact to get answers?
NTC instructors are available during normal business hours. NTC uses Pacific Time, so that means that the instructors are normally available from 11am - 8pm Eastern Time (8am - 5pm Pacific Time). You can contact the NTC instructors as follows:
17. I keep getting an error message. What should I do?
18. I want to sign up for Training Department. How do I accomplish this?
Click on the Training Department tab located in the upper left part of any page on the website. If you are an individual, then click on Individual located on the right side of the page. If you are representing several users for an organization or a company, then click on Group, located on the left side of the page. Now, follow the on screen instructions.
19. Training Department on Mobile Devices
The training in Training Department is a Flash-based presentation.
Since Apple's iDevices (iPad, iPhone, Mac) and some Android devices do not natively support Flash, you will need to use a browser that does.
Search the App Store on your device for a browser that supports Flash.
Some that have been recommended by our students:
- Photon Flash
- Flash Fox
- Virtual FireFox
20. What books do i need for Training Department?
Training Department is designed as a standalone education program, but adding NTC Professional References and Code Books will enhance your educational experience.
21. What time do live classes start?
Live classes start at 8AM local time.
We break for lunch at 12 noon for one hour.